Castle Sieges is a part of PvP content for clans in Lineage 2. Owning a castle is beneficiary (taxes, castle skills, exclusive shop).
|Sieges take place in the following castles: Gludio Castle, Dion Castle, Giran Castle, Oren Castle, Innadril Castle, Goddard Castle, Rune Castle, Schuttgart Castle.|
- Sieges take place once in two weeks on Sundays.
- Sieges take part in all castles at the same time.
- Sieges start at 8 p.m.
- The duration of a siege is 2 hours.
Taking part in a siege
To take part in a siege for the defending or the attacking party you need to register. Of course, you can remain in a siege battle zone without registration.
Registration of the attackers
Clans level 5 or higher can enroll for a siege for the attacking party. You can enroll by talking to the Herald NPC located at each castle, the registration is over 24 hours before the siege starts. In other words, the registration is over at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
Registration of the defenders
Clans level 5 or higher can enroll for a siege for the defending party. The clan which owns the castle is automatically enrolled for the defending party. Other clans need to talk to Herald NPC to enroll for the defence. Registration is over 24 hours before the siege starts; however the clan which owns the castle needs to approve the defending clans which have registered.
- When the server is started, all castle are owned by NPCs.
- When the defenders fail to get the castle, its ownership returns to a NPC clan.
- If a clan wins the battle, they start owning the castle. When the clan owning a castle is dissolved, the castle’s ownership returns to a NPC clan.
- Castles get no damage before the siege time.
- The attackers and the defenders become enemies. A clan’s allied clans (sharing an Alliance) are on the same side and see each other as Friendly Forces
The rules of Sieges
- The inside and outside of the castle are designed as the battlefield. Although there are no visible lines or borders to mark it, a system message notification appears when your character enters and leaves the battlefield.
- The functions of certain NPCs in and around the castle are suspended for the duration of the Castle Siege..
- All characters within the castle walls not listed on the Defender list are transported to the second-nearest town.
- All castle gates are automatically shut at the beginning of the siege.
- During the siege, it's impossible to teleport to the township of the castle being attacked.
- Any siege lasts for 2 hours. If during a siege the server is restarted, the siege period is prolonged, and the level of HP of the defending NPCs, the gates etc is the same as before the restart.
- When a registered character dies on the battlefield, they do not lose XP. Non-registered characters lose the usual amount of XP.
- If a character dying in the siege zone doesn't belong to a clan which has the Siege Headquarters, such a character gets resurrected in the township of the castle under the siege.
- The victor is the clan whose leader by the end of the siege has used the Imprint of Light or Imprint of Darkness skill on the castle’s Holy Artifact (it takes 2 minutes to use the Imprint).
- You have 1 hour to change your mind (talk to the NPC).
The PvP rules during sieges
- At the beginning of any siege, the registered characters are divided into the Defenders and the Attackers. The attackers can't attack each other and each other's Headquaters. After the first intermediate victory the victorious clan becomes the defending one, and all other clans become attackers and can attack each other.
- You don't have to hold the Ctrl key when attacking the enemies and the neutral characters in the battle zone. When a registered character kills another character, their PK and Reputation scores are not affected.
- Your character's status may change to Attacker of you leave the battle zone.
- All castle gates are automatically shut at the beginning of the siege.
- As soon as the siege begins, the castle gates can be attacked. The castle gates can be attacked during the siege only.
- The castle gate can't be strengthened during the siege. However the Castle Lord may strengthen them prior to the siege by speaking to the Chamberlain NPC inside the castle.
- Castle gates that have been destroyed may not be repaired during a siege.
- The gates are closed when the castle is taken (intermediate victory). However, the castle gates' HP is significantly decreased until the siege ends. Once the siege has ended, the gates return to full health.
- The Build Headquarters is obtained by the clan leader when the clan reaches level 5. The Siege Headquarters allows clan members to respawn at this site instead of in the second-closest town, and to regenerate HP and MP faster than they would normally.
- The skill can only be used by the clan leader of an attacking clan within a designated area of the battlefield. The skill consumes Gemstone (B-grade) — 300 pcs..
- If the leader of the attacking clan is a Noblesse, he/she can Build Advanced Headquarters (constructs a high quality encampment that possesses double HP of a standard encampment and assist clan member recovery and battle additions during castle sieges. Consumes - Gemstone (B-grade) — 600 pcs.).
- The headquarters has a certain amount of HP and can be attacked and destroyed by the enemies. If the headquarters is destroyed, the leader can rebuild it as many times as necessary.
- The Siege Headquarters allows clan members to respawn at this site instead of in the second-closest town, and to regenerate HP and MP of the clan members around faster than they would normally.
- The headquarters disappears when the siege is over.
Life Control Tower
- Life Control Towers are located in different parts of a castle.
- Life Control Towers are responsible for the time required to get out of the castle dungeon after resurrection.
- If Life Control Towers are intact, the time is 30 seconds, if they are destroyed, it's 8 minutes.
Flame Control Tower
A Flame Control Tower is a structure that activates the various facilities that defend the castle. A certain amount of Adena is required to activate these functions. Such functions include the following:
- a damage zone that continuously reduces HP of any enemy who gets there;
- a slow zone that decreases movement speed of any enemy who gets there.
The strength of each of these functions is divided into four stages, depending on the Adena invested. If the attacking side destroys a Flame Control Tower, the functions cease to be activated.
If the castle owner is changed during a siege, it's called a mid-victory. If the Attacking side achieves a mid-victory, the participant categories of the Attackers and Defenders switch. If the newly-owning clan had a Siege Headquarters before they won the castle it disappears. After the mid-victory all the members of the clan which has taken the castle are teleported inside that castle, the gates close, and 1/2 of its HP is restored.
The newly-owning clan is now defending the castle, and the formerly-owning clan can now attack it.
Disconnection from the server
If during a siege the server is restarted, the siege period is prolonged, and the level of HP of the defending NPCs, the gates etc is the same as before the restart.
Choosing between Light and Darkness
In the Tauti update the developers have added the option to choose between Light and Darkness.
|Castle of Light||Castle type||Castle of Darkness|
|None||Getting taxes||Sale Fee 30%|
Purchase Fee 10%
|Quests to attack a Castle of Darkness
A buff which increases XP
|-||Penalties||Necessity to take part in the tax-collecting campaigns|
Necessity to repel the attacks of those who has quests from Castles of Light
Changes in the tax system
In the Tauti update the tax system has been changed. Before its release, any castle owner could collect taxes. Now only the lords of the castles of darkness can collect taxes. The main Castle of darkness can also collect taxes from the subordinate Castles of Darkness.
|Main Castle||Subordinate Castles|
|Aden Castle||Gludio Castle, Dion Castle, Oren Castle, Innadril Castle, Giran Castle|
|Rune Castle||Goddard Castle, Schuttgart Castle|
Structures and functions of castles
There is a castle on each of the nine territories in Lineage 2. If a clan owns a castle, it means controlling the taxes and the political activity on the territory.
The clan owning a castle can use a special warehouse, and use use teleportation to move between the castle parts.
By default, the Castle Lord has sole access to all of the functions of the castle. However, the Castle Lord may temporarily hand over the rights to use certain functions to members of his own clan or Alliance members by using the rights delegation system in the Clan Actions window.
The castle can manage the taxes for all shops on the territory, and the collection of taxes from the Castle Chamberlain. As the Town of Aden is the central city of the kingdom, the Aden castle gets taxes from Aden territory and a certain part of the taxes from the castles in Gludio, Oren, Dion, Giran and Innadril. The Rune Township is the central city of the Elmore kingdom, so it gets a certain part of the taxes from the castles of Schuttgart and Goddard.
The Lord of each castle can also manage a Manor, selling seeds in the territory and carrying out productive activities with the seeds that are sold.
The Castle Lord also has the ability to fly through the sky on the back of a Wyvern.
|Castle Sieges - Related Pages
|Castle Sieges – Related Pages