Update data to Seven Signs in progress
Mail System allows you to sent messages to other players even if they are offline.
Types of mail
There are 2 types of mail:
- Regular mail – sending a mail with an attachment or without it. The recipient just need to click the message icon (it appears in the lower left corner of the screen, under the chat window, when you have mail). Such messages are paid by the sender.
- Paid mail – collect on delivery mail. For such mail the sender indicates the price of the item/items sent, and the recipient can either pay the indicated price to get the items, or refuse.
- "Received Mail" tab. The mail received by your character.
- "Sent Mail" tab. Mail sent to other characters. The interface duplicates the "Received Mail" tab.
- "Select all" checkbox. Selects all the mail on the page. The unread mail will not be selected.
- Mail sorting fields. By default, the newest message is displayed first in the list, but they can also be sorted by fields:
- Type If there’s an attachment in the message, you’ll be a clip icon there; if it’s a payment request message, there’ll be a lock icon.
- Sender/Recipient Sender/Recipient’s name depending on the tab.
- Title Subject of the message.
- Validity Regular mail is kept for 15 days. Payment request mail is kept for 12 hours.
- List of messages. Up to 8 messages can be displayed on one page.
- "Delete" button. Select a message to delete. A message with an attachment cannot be deleted.
- Switching between your mail list pages.
- The "Paid mail" and "Regular mail" buttons. Click to make a new message.
To open the mailbox, use a /mailbox command or the "Mailbox" option in the main menu (Alt+X).
Press "Send" button. You can attach transferrable items to the message, no more than 8 slots in total (for example, 50 pcs of the same resource need 1 slot, and same parts of a armor, like gloves, need a separate slot for each one). The price varies depending on the weight of the items attached. You can send and receive mail with attachments in a non-battle state only. The time sending and receiving mail is about 30 seconds. If you have changed your mind and don't want a message to be received, you can delete it, using the "Sent mail" tab of the mail interface.
- Mail body:
- Attached items. In the lower part your inventory items are displayed – the ones you can send by mail. Drag them to attachment slots. You will be prompted to input the amount of items to be sent. In the middle you’ll see the weight of the mail and its price (basic price: 100 adena; price of a mail with attachments: 1,000 adena for each slot).
- Sum received paid mail. This field is available if your message type is "Paid mail". Press the arrow button and indicate the price of your mail.
- If the message type is "Paid mail", then the sum will be marked with different colours depending on the amount:
|up to 9,999|
|up to 99,999|
|up to 999,999|
|up to 9,999,999|
|up to 99,999,999|
|up to 999,999,999|
|up to 9,999,999,999|
|up to 99,999,999,999|
|up to 999,999,999,999|
|Cancelling a message!
Once you've sent a message, it shows up in the sent mail list. If the recipient hasn’t received the message yet, you can cancel it: on "Sent mail" tab select the message and press "Delete".
When your character has new mail, the envelope icon appears in the left lower corner of the screen. Click it to open the message.
- In the attachment weight is higher than character's weight limit, it's impossible to get the attachments.
- If mail price is higher than your character's available funds, it's impossible to open the message.
- If your character has enough adena to pay, then adena will be sent to the sender when you open the message.
Mailbox cleaning. Deleting mail
- If a message doesn’t have any attachments and it’s been read, it can be deleted.
- A mail with attachments can be returned to the sender, but you can’t delete it as long as it has any attachments.
- A "Paid mail" message can be returned to the sender without payment, but you can’t delete such mail.
- If a message with attachments hasn’t been read in 15 days, it’ll be returned to the sender.
- If your message with attachments has been returned, it'll be automatically deleted in 15 days, all attachments will be moved to your character's warehouse.
- If "Paid mail" hasn’t been paid for for 12 hours, it’ll be automatically returned to the sender.
|Mail System - Related Pages