We are working over upgrading data for the next game update.
Grand Crusade • Classic
Castle Sieges is a part of PvP content for clans in Lineage 2. Owning a castle is beneficiary (taxes, castle skills, exclusive shop).
|Sieges take place in the following castles: Gludio Castle, Dion Castle, Giran Castle, Oren Castle, Замок АденAden Castle|
- 1 Siege time
- 2 Taking part in a siege
- 3 Siege Rules
- 4 Gludio Siege (Siege for newbies)
- 5 Choosing between Light and Darkness
- 6 Castle structure and functions
- Sieges take place once in two weeks on Sundays.
- Sieges take part in all castles at the same time.
- Sieges start at 8 p.m.
- The duration of a siege is 2 hours.
Taking part in a siege
To take part in a siege for the defending or the attacking party you NEED to register. Of course, you can remain in a siege battle zone without registration.
Registration of the attackers
Clans level 3 or higher can enroll for a siege for the attacking party. You can enroll by talking to the Herald NPC located at each castle, the registration is over 24 hours before the siege starts. In other words, the registration is over at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
Registration of the defenders
Clans level 3 or higher can enroll for a siege for the defending party. The clan which owns the castle is automatically enrolled for the defending party. Other clans need to talk to Herald NPC to enroll for the defence. Registration is over 24 hours before the siege starts; however the clan which owns the castle needs to approve the defending clans which have registered.
- When the server is started, all castle are owned by NPCs.
- When the attackers fail to get the castle from NPC, its ownership returns to a NPC clan.
- If a clan wins the battle, they start owning the castle. When the clan owning a castle is dissolved, the castle’s ownership returns to a NPC clan.
- Castles get no damage before the siege time.
- The attackers and the defenders become enemies. A clan’s allied clans (sharing an Alliance) are on the same side and see each other as Friendly Forces.
- The inside and outside of the castle are designed as the battlefield. Although there are no visible lines or borders to mark it, a system message notification appears when your character enters and leaves the battlefield.
- The functions of certain NPCs in and around the castle are suspended for the duration of the Castle Siege.
- All characters within the castle walls not listed on the Defender list are transported to the township of the castle.
- All castle gates are automatically shut at the beginning of the siege.
- Any siege lasts for 2 hours. If during a siege the server is restarted, the siege period is prolonged, and the level of HP of the defending NPCs, the gates etc is the same as before the restart.
- When a registered character or a non-registered characters dies on the battlefield, they lose XP (4%).
- If a character dying in the siege zone doesn't belong to a clan which has the Siege Headquarters, such a character gets resurrected in the township of the castle under the siege.
- The victor is the clan whose leader by the end of the siege has used the Imprint of Light or Imprint of Darkness skill on the castle’s Holy Artifact (it takes 2 minutes to use the Imprint).
- You have 1 hour to change your mind (talk to the NPC).
PvP rules during sieges
- At the beginning of any siege, the registered characters are divided into the Defenders and the Attackers. The attackers can't attack each other and each other's Headquaters. There's no siege alliance for Defenders as well.
- You don't have to hold the Ctrl key when attacking the enemies and the neutral characters in the battle zone. When a registered character kills another character, their PK scores are not affected.
- Your character's status may change to Attacker of you leave the battle zone.
- All castle gates are automatically shut at the beginning of the siege.
- As soon as the siege begins, the castle gates can be attacked. The castle gates can be attacked during the siege only.
- The castle gate can't be strengthened during the siege. However the Castle Lord may strengthen them prior to the siege by speaking to the Chamberlain NPC inside the castle.
- Castle gates that have been destroyed may not be repaired during a siege.
- The gates are closed when the castle is taken (intermediate victory). However, the castle gates' HP does not fully restore until the siege ends. Once the siege has ended, the gates return to full health.
- The Build Headquarters is obtained by the clan leader when the clan reaches level 3. The Siege Headquarters allows clan members to respawn at the battle zone. HP and MP are regenerated faster near the Headquarters.
- The skill can only be used by the clan leader of an attacking clan within a designated area of the battlefield. The skill consumes Crystal (D-grade) — 500 pcs.
- The headquarters has a certain amount of HP and can be attacked and destroyed by the enemies. If the headquarters is destroyed, the leader can rebuild it as many times as necessary.
- The Siege Headquarters allows clan members to respawn at this site, and to regenerate HP and MP of the clan members around faster than they would normally.
- The headquarters disappears when the siege is over.
Life Control Tower
- Life Control Towers are located in different parts of a castle.
- Life Control Towers are responsible for the time required to get out of the castle dungeon after resurrection.
- If Life Control Towers are intact, the time is 30 seconds, if they are destroyed, it's 3 minutes.
Flame Control Tower
A Flame Control Tower is a structure that activates various facilities that defend the castle. A certain amount of Adena is required to activate these functions. Such functions include the following:
- a damage zone that continuously reduces HP of any enemy who gets there;
- a slow zone that decreases movement speed of any enemy who gets there.
The strength of each of these functions is divided into four stages. If the attacking side destroys a Flame Control Tower, the functions cease to be activated.
If the castle owner is changed during a siege, it's called a mid-victory. If the Attacking side achieves a mid-victory, the participant categories of the Attackers and Defenders switch. If the newly-owning clan had a Siege Headquarters before they won the castle it disappears. After the mid-victory the gates close, and 1/2 of its HP is restored.
The newly-owning clan is now defending the castle, and the formerly-owning clan can now attack it and have their own Siege Headquarters.
Gludio Siege (Siege for newbies)
- Sieges for newbies take place in Gludio Castle.
- The leader of a clan level 3-4 enrolls for a siege by talking to NPC Herald from Gludio Tyron, which is located in front of the Gludio Castle.
- When the siege of the Gludio Castle begins, registration of defenders becomes impossible.
- From the moment when the siege starts, the participants are joined into a temporary alliance which falls apart after the first victory.
- To use the Imprint of Light or the Imprint of Darkness you need to defeat the Governor Baron Lewin Waldner in the hall of imprints during the siege of the Gludio Castle.
- Just like in any previous siege, in the Gludio Castle siege the victor is the clan whose leader by the end of the siege has used the Imprint of Light or Imprint of Darkness skill on the castle’s Holy Artifact (it takes 2 minutes to use the Imprint).
- If the clan whose leader has used the Imprint is capable of holding on till the end of the siege, the castle becomes their property until the next siege. Before the next siege the castle will be transferred to NPC.
Choosing between Light and Darkness
When a siege is over, you can choose a side: Light or Darkness.
|Castle of Light||Castle type||Castle of Darkness|
|0% NPC Purchase Fee
5% NPC Sale Fee
|Taxes||15% NPC Purchase Fee|
10% NPC Sale Fee
|Features of Light
Max. CP +2000. Not available in a chaotic state.
|Castle Skill||Features of Darkness|
Max. CP +1000.
|Blessing of Light (3% additional XP and SP) is available to everyone except those who own a Castle of Darkness.||Other benefits||-|
Those who own a Castle of Darkness can be killed by any players (whose PK counter won't be affected).
Castle structure and functions
- A clan owning a castle controls over taxes and political activity on its territory.
- By default, the Castle Lord has sole access to all of the functions of the castle.
- The clan owning a castle can use a special warehouse, and use use teleportation to move between the castle parts. However, the Castle Lord may temporarily hand over the rights to use certain functions to members of his own clan or Alliance members by using the rights delegation system in the Clan Actions window.
- The taxes are collected from the Castle Chamberlain (Monday, 12 pm)
- Only those who own a Castle of Darkness can collect taxes.
- Additional taxes can be collected by the main Darkness Castle from other Darkness Castles.
|Main Castle||Subordinate Castles|
|Aden Castle||Gludio Castle, Dion Castle, Oren Castle, Giran Castle|
Castle Owners' Coin
- A new unique item, Castle Owners' Coin , has been added to Chamberlains' sales lists.
- Such coins can be used to purchase useful items available to all members of a clan owning a castle. Such items are available any time and you can buy as many as you like.
|Castle Earring (10-day)||Castle Owners' Coin — 11 pcs.|
|Castle Necklace (10-day)||Castle Owners' Coin — 15 pcs.|
|Castle Ring (10-day)||Castle Owners' Coin — 8 pcs.|
|Castle XP/SP Scroll - Medium||Castle Owners' Coin — 4 pcs.|
|Castle XP/SP Scroll - Normal||Castle Owners' Coin — 3 pcs.|
|Major Quick Castle Healing Potion||Castle Owners' Coin — 7 pcs.|
|Quick Castle Healing Potion||Castle Owners' Coin — 4 pcs.|
|Scroll: Castle Berserker Spirit||Castle Owners' Coin — 1 pcs.|
|Scroll: Castle Blessing||Castle Owners' Coin — 3 pcs.|
- Besides the merchandise sold for Castle Owners' Coin , Chamberlains of Light and Chamberlains of Darkness sell some items for 1 adena
- The members of the clan which owns the Aden Castle can buy cloaks from their Chamberlain (according to the chosen side: Lihgt or Darkness).
|Item||Description||P. Def.||M. Def.|
|Cloak of Darkness||Max. HP/MP/CP +5%, P. Def. +3%, M. Def. +5%, any Weapon Resistance +3%, P./M. Critical Rate +10, Reflect Damage +3%. Cannot be exchanged, dropped, or sold. Can be stored in private warehouse.||0||0|
|Cloak of Light||Max. HP/MP/CP +5%, P. Def. +3%, M. Def. +5%, any Weapon Resistance +3%, P./M. Critical Rate +10, Reflect Damage +3%. Cannot be exchanged, dropped, or sold. Can be stored in private warehouse.||0||0|
|Castle Sieges – Related Pages
|Castle Sieges - Related Pages