We updated db to Fafurion game update, but work still in progress
Type of armor and weapon is not the same as Grade. The are the following types of items in the game
It’s impossible to obtain common weapon, armor and accessories anymore. Those which still exist in the game were obtained by players long ago. Such items cannot be enchanted, upgraded or banded with special options. Common weapon can be transformed into special Kamael weapon or into dual swords. Common armor cannot make a set.
You can obtain shadow items by completing quests or participating in events. Of you can buy them in shops. Shadow items cannot be enchanted, upgraded or banded with special options, and they’ll disappear after a while. Lifetime counter ticks only when an items is equipped. The only exception from this rule are accessories bought for Olympiad Tokens. Talismans and some accessories from Game Shop also belong to shadow type. You can buy shadow weapon in weapon shops in Town of Aden and Town of Giran.
Mid-level weapon, armor and accessories can be created by Dwarves. You can get them as trophies or buy from NPCs. You can enchant, upgrade or band such items with special options. If a dwarf is lucky to make 2 items using one set of resources, such items will be mid-level. Mid-level items of Grade D - C can be purchased in armor, weapon or accessory shops in all townships (supplies can be different depending on the town) or obtained as drop from mobs. Mid-level items Grade B and A can be acquired in Giran Luxury Shop or obtained as drop from mobs.
Sometimes when making accessories, weapon or armor Dwarves get Rare Items (chaotic). Such items cannot be used until Blacksmith of Mammon has processed them with a special solution. After processing they become masterwork.
After Blacksmith of Mammon has processed rare items they become masterwork. Weapon and armor get additional characteristics. Masterwork can be enchanted, upgraded or banded with special options.
In Goddess of Destruction - Awakening update a new type was introduced - Unidentified items. Unidentified items are not equipment items. If you double-click an item, you’ll get the corresponding equipment item. You can get items of 2 types: for D - S80 Grades – bound and mid-level items, for Grade R and higher – bound, mid-level and blessed. Unidentified items can be sold to an NPC, sold in Auction House or in trade, dropped or destroyed. You can receive unidentified items for killing mobs, you can also buy them or make them. You can buy unidentified items in the following townships:
|Grade||Where to obtain|
|Grade D||In all shops in all townships.|
|Grade C||In all shops in all townships.|
|Garde B||In Aden shops.|
|Grade A||Luxury Shop|
|Grade S||Luxury Shop (except Dynasty)|
|Grade R||Item creation.|
With Goddess of Destruction - Awakening update bound items were added to the game.
- "Bound" items cannot be exchanged, dropped, sold in Auction House or in trade, or sent by mail. But you can sell them to NPCs.
- "Bound" items cannot get PvP-bonus.
- "Bound" items are included into armor sets (mixed sets are possible) starting from B Grade and higher.
- For weapon Grade C - S80: when you open "unidentified" item, you receive "bound" weapon which automatically receives one of 3 special abilities. This random special ability cannot be cancelled or exchanged for any other.
- Blacksmith of Mammon can turn your "Bound" item Grade R or higher into "Mid-level" or "Blessed" using an Unbind Scroll.
- A "Bound" item after transformation into "Mid-level" or "Blessed" keeps its modification level strengthened with an attribute, its special ability. Armor keeps its set type. However, it’s impossible to turn updated "Bound" items into "Mid-level" without cancelling the update.
See also: Unbind Scrolls
With Goddess of Destruction - Awakening update blessed items were added to the game.
- "Blessed" items can be exchanged, dropped, sold in trade or in Auction House or to an NPC.
- "Blessed" items are included into armor sets (mixed sets are possible).
- After modification of "Blessed" items their characteristics raise 2 times higher that characteristics of "Bound" and "Mid-level" items.
"Bound", "Mid-level" and "Blessed" items can be modified as follows.
|Color of item name||Blue||White||Grey|
|Rare special characteristics||Available||Available||Not available|
|Special characteristics removal||Available||Available||Not available|
effect is greater by 50%)
|Exchange / discard||Available||Available||Not available|
Grades of Items
All weapon and armor in Lineage II has grades, starting from lowest "No Grade" and ending with highest "Grade R99". You character should have a certain level and have a passive skill of "Expertise" of the corresponding level. You can use equipment of higher grade but there’ll be a penalty.
- No Grade – from lvl 1
- D Grade – from lvl 20
- C Grade – from lvl 40
- B Grade – from lvl 52
- A Grade – from lvl 61
- S Grade – from lvl 76
- S80 Grade – from lvl 80
- R Grade – from lvl 85
- R95 Grade – from lvl 95
- R99 Grade – from lvl 99
Penalty for equipping items of not corresponding grade
With Gracia Final update the system of penalties for equipping items of non-corresponding grade was changed.
- Penalty effect increases in proportion to the difference between character’s level and item grades.
- If a 20 lvl character uses an item of C-Grade, he/she receives a 1-st lvl penalty; if a 20 lvl character uses an item of B-Grade, he/she receives a 2-nd lvl penalty;
- 1-st lvl penalty: Accuracy decreased by 16, damage and Critical Chance reduced by 10%, Might and Atk. Spd. Reduced by 10%, chance of failure while casting increased.
- 2-nd lvl penalty: Accuracy decreased by 16, damage and Critical Chance reduced by 20%, Might and Atk. Spd. Reduced by 20%, chance of failure while casting increased.
- 3-rd lvl penalty: Accuracy decreased by 16, damage and Critical Chance reduced by 30%, Might and Atk. Spd. Reduced by 30%, chance of failure while casting increased.
- 4-th lvl penalty: Accuracy decreased by 16, damage and Critical Chance reduced by 40%, Might and Atk. Spd. Reduced by 40%, chance of failure while casting increased.
If the difference is more than 4 grades, 4th level penalty applies.
Cancelling penalties for non-matching grades
|Rune of Crystal (Lv. 5)||Ancient characters which bestow a mysterious ability if stored in the inventory. It decreases 5 levels of penalty for your equipment grade. The remaining time decreases even when not playing.|
|Rune of Crystal (Lv. 5) (7-day)||Ancient characters which bestow a mysterious ability if stored in the inventory. It decreases 5 levels of penalty for your equipment grade. The remaining time decreases even when not playing.|
|Items - Related Pages
Comments support Markdown