- 1 General Info
- 2 General Rules
- 3 Political Activities
- 4 Goods and services from NPCs in fortresses
Fortresses" have much in common with Clan Halls: the clan which has conquered a fortress gets additional options and bonuses.
- It can be acquired by winning a fortress siege. For more info, see Preparation for a siege.
- To become eligible for taking part in a castle siege, a clan should be level 6 or above.
- A clan which owns a fortress can accept help from a castle or to remain independent.
- A castle-dependent fortress gets supplies from a castle, and also has an option to increase its defence for a certain fee. For more info, see Additional reinforcement.
- A castle-independent fortress gets access to the following instanced zones: Monster Dungeon and Pailaka, for more info, see Quests and Dungeon.
- At the same time, a clan can own just one fortress or a castle, however they can also own a clan hall.
- There are two types of fortresses: border and territory. All fortresses affect the fortress skill obtained by clans. For more info, see: Fortress skills.
- There are small and big fortresses. Regardless the type of a fortress, all the important NPCs are present there.
|Fortress type||Small Fortresses||Large Fortresses|
|Tanor Fortress||Floran Fortress|
|Dragonspine Fortress||Antharas' Fortress|
|Aaru Fortress||Western Fortress|
|Demon Fortress||Hunter's Fortress|
|Camp Fortress||Valley Fortress|
|Hive Fortress||Gludio Southern Fortress|
|Ivory Fortress||Borderland Fortress|
|Narsell Fortress||Swamp Fortress|
|White Sands Fortress||Bayou Fortress|
You can find the info about fortresses on the map by pressing the '"Info" button, and then by choosing the "Region Info" tab. Clicking on this button will display a slide-out window with tabs.
You can check the location of each fortress on the map by clicking it in the list. Hovering over a fortress with your mouse will show quick information, including whether the property is at war or at peace, and the name of the owning clan. If you hover over the map icon during a siege, the shield will display how many camps have been taken.
Rules of owning a fortress
Similar to Clan Halls, fortresses serve as a clan residence. A Clan that owns a fortress can register to siege castles and other fortresses, and can claim ownership of them if they win. If the clan owns an existing fortress, their previous residence becomes inhabited and controlled by NPCs upon claiming ownership of the new fortress.
One clan can own either a castle or a fortress (but not both). A clan that owns a castle or the fortress may also own a clan hall at the same time.
A clan that owns a fortress can establish a political connection with the clan that owns the castle in that territory.
While a clan’s fortress is under a siege, the clan cannot acquire ownership of other fortresses, even if they capture another fortress’s flag.
168 hours (7 days) after you take possession of a fortress, possession will be lost to the rebel army.
You cannot register for the fortress siege 2 hours prior to rebel army attack.
The Foreman informs you about the remaining time before the attack, gives you general information about the fortress, about the owning castle, the tax and the time before the next tax deduction (if the fortress has made a pact with the Castle Special Envoy/
General fortress siege rules are similar to castle siege rules. The participants are divided into three groups:
- neutral characters.
The attacking and the defending parties have their own icons:
- attackers - sword icon;
- defenders - shield icon.
The members of the same alliance can belong to different parties during the siege.
Players can attack enemies and neutral characters without holding down the Control Key. Attacking friendly members is not allowed.
Preparation for a siege
- A fortress siege lasts for one hour.
- It can orrur as often as every four hours.
- Once the Combat Flag is raised on a flag pole, the fortress siege ends.
- A fortress siege begins 60 minutes after the first clan registers.
The fortress siege registration procedure is similar to castle siege registration. A clan that is level 6 or higher can sign up to siege a fortress by talking to the Suspicious Merchant NPC near that fortress.
The first clan that signs up to siege a fortress must pay a participation fee of 1,000,000 adena. Once this fee is paid, any other clans that wish to participate in the siege do not have to pay the participation fee.
After the participation fee is paid, all other clans that wish to participate have 50 minutes to sign up. The siege registration can be canceled within 50 minutes of the initial siege sign-up.
Once the 50-minute time period for sign-ups has elapsed, the Suspicious Merchant will disappear. A 10-minute countdown will begin, after which the fortress siege will start. If the fortress under siege is owned by a clan, that clan is automatically registered as defenders.
When a fortress siege begins, the area around the fortress will change to a battlefield.
Registered clans can establish a headquarters on that combat field.
When the siege begins, all fortress doors close and designated guard NPCs are placed.
If a fortress is owned by a clan, the level of the guard NPCs and various defending functions are affected by the Fortress Defense Level. Also, a Mercenary Captain NPC will appear outside the fortress. This NPC must be protected by the attacking clans.
There are three to five NPC camps (depending on the fortress size) located inside the fortress. The five camps include the Officer's Barracks, Control Room, Archer Unit, Guard Camp and Support Unit. The Command Barracks will be located in the center of the various camps.
If all of the camps are captured within 10 minutes of capturing the first camp, the Command Barrack ’s door will automatically open.
To capture a camp, you must kill each camp’s Commander NPC. In a large fortress, you must shut off the power in the Control Room.
After the capture of the first camp, if the attackers fail to capture the other camps within 10 minutes, each camp's Commander NPC will reappear and the players must kill the Commander NPCs all over again.
If all the camps are successfully captured within the time limit, the door to the Command Barracks will open and the Combat Flags will appear inside of the camp.
If the fortress is owned by a clan, the Mercenary Captain must survive until all the camps are successfully captured in order for the Combat Flags to appear. A total of three Combat Flags will appear.
When a character acquires one of the Combat Flags, it is automatically equipped. If a character who is holding a flag dies, that flag will be returned to its original location.
Once a character acquires the Combat Flags, their speed and various combat stats will be reduced. They will also automatically receive an active skill that allows them to place the Combat Flag in the flag pole.
The flag pole is located at the top of the Command Camp. If the clan succeeds in raising the Combat Flag by using the "Flag Display" skill, that clan wins the siege and claims the fortress. When a fortress is claimed, a Special Envoy from that territory's castle will appear inside of the Command Camp.
In large fortresses, you must shut down the Control Room, defeat all barrack Captains, and place the flag Once you place the flag, the victory is yours! (Only large fortresses have a Control Room.)
After shutting down all of the Sub Power Systems around the Control Room, a member with the Access Card can open the Control Room door. The Access Card can be obtained from Dwarven Gunnery Sergeants around the Control Room. The attempt to shut down a Sub Power System must be made when the system's HP is low. Only Maestros and Warsmiths can shut down the Sub Power Systems. A three-digit password is required to activate the controls in the Control Room. Any class can enter a password, but Maestros and Warsmiths can find the password easier. If an incorrect password is entered a certain number of times, the controls will be temporarily disabled. Once all of the Sub Power System are shut down, and the main power has been shut off in the Control Room, the clan must only defeat the barrack Captains and place to flag in order to claim the fortress.
- The clan which has successfully captured a fortress receives 1100 CRP. The clan who loses their fortress, doesn't have and CRP added or deducted.
- During a siege, Blood Oath can be obtained for killing the Defender and Officer NPCs.
At the time of victory, the Special Envoy NPC appears and waits up to one hour for the clan leader’s decision.
- For territory fortresses, only a Special Envoy from that territory's castle appears. If the fortress is a border fortress, Special Envoys from all of the neighboring territory's castles will appear.
- Once a clan gains ownership of a Territorial Fortress, the clan leader can choose to either swear fealty to that territory's castle or declare their independence.
- A clan that claims ownership of a border fortress may only declare independence.
Nonpartisan State (Neutral)
Until the decision about the political status is made, the fortress has neutral status. The status means that it's impossible to use any fortifications or the dungeon.
A fortress will shift into an independent state when the fortress-owning clan leader decides to declare independence to the Envoy, or if no decision is made during the one hour that the Special Envoy NPC is present.
- When a fortress is in an independent state, it is possible for a castle-owning clan in the same territory to register a siege upon that fortress.
- Independent fortresses cannot use any fortifications via NPCs Guard Captain and Logistics Officer or to get supplies from the castle.
- An independent fortress can enter their Fortress Dungeon (available to clan members only) by speaking to the Detention Camp Warden. For more info, see Quests and Dungeon.
A fortress enters a contracted state when the fortress-owning clan decides to swear fealty to the territory's castle by speaking to the Special Envoy NPC.
- When a fortress becomes contracted, the fortress-owning clan must pay a tax ( 250,000 adena) to the territory's castle every 26 hours. The taxes are automatically deducted from the Clan Warehouse.
- If the fortress-owning clan does not have enough Adena in their Clan Warehouse, the state of the fortress automatically switches from contracted to independent.
- Contracted fortresses can use fortifications via NPCs Guard Captain and Logistics Officer or to get supplies from the castle. See also: Additional reinforcement.
- When a fortress is contracted, the fortress-owning clan can receive supply items by speaking to the Logistics Officer NPC selling them. The supply items level (quality) will be increased every 26 hours when taxes are paid.
- Max level of supplies is 6. If the fortress-owning clan receives Supply Items from the Logistic Officer NPC, the supply items level resets to zero.
- For every supply item delivery, 35 Clan Reputation Points will be deducted from the castle-owning clan. If the castle-owning clan's Reputation Points drop below 35 points, the supply item level will stop increasing and the leader of the fortress-owning clan will be notified by the system message.
- Contracted fortresses don't have access to their dungeons.
Goods and services from NPCs in fortresses
Main fortress features
In every castle there's a special NPC Foreman who activates different functions for a fee.
- Activated fortress features can be turned off. At deactivation, fortress features are non-refundable.
- Fortress teleports depend on the fortress location.
- The price of placing experts depends on the level and the faction of an expert, for more info, see Experts and envoys.
Features available in fortresses:
|Teleport||Allows to teleport to the nearest hinting zones or townships||+|
|HP Recovery||HP recovery for clan members on the territory of the fortress||+|
|MP Recovery||MP recovery for clan members on the territory of the fortress||+|
|XP restoration at resurrection||When a clan member resurrects inside the fortress, some XP is restored||+|
|Experts and envoys||Hires experts and envoys||+|
|Craft items||Allows to buy unique items from the NPC||-|
|Decorations||Make your castle look nicer||-|
The price and possible values of features of restoration and decoration in fortresses:
|Functions||%/levels of functions||Price (without tax)||Period|
| 770,000 adena
| 2,450,000 adena
| 840,000 adena
| 2,800,000 adena
Experts and envoys
Foreman will help you to place envoys and experts for 7 days.
- You can hire 1 envoy and 2 experts in a fortress.
- Envoys are placed for free. They give quests for their Factions. If you complete such quests, you'll get Medals required to hire experts. You cannot change the envoy before the period is over.
- Envoys are placed for a certain fee (adena + faction medals) and offer different services: goods or buffs. You can change experts before the period is over by choosing None if the experts list. The expenses for placing an expert are non-refundable.
Check the expert page to see the full list of their merchandise.
|Faction||Experts and envoys||Services||Price (without tax)|
|Blackbird Clan||Blackbird Clan Envoy Deborah||Blackbird Clan - quests:
Request from the Blackbird Clan
|Berserker Sculpture Lvl 1||For 60 min. P. Atk +2%, M. Atk +3%, Dark Resistance +30|| Blackbird Clan Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Berserker Sculpture Lvl 2||For 60 min. P. Atk +3%, M. Atk +5%, Dark Resistance +50.|| Blackbird Clan Medal — 280 pcs. + |
|Trader lvl 1
| Blackbird Clan Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Trader lvl 2
Holy Stone ( 60) ,
Dark Stone ( 60)
| Blackbird Clan Medal — 280 pcs. + |
|Mother Tree Guardians||Mother Tree Guardians Envoy Marienne||Mother Tree Guardians - quests:
Request from the Mother Tree Guardians
|Caster Lvl 1||For 100,000 adena offers 6 Poems, 3 Sonatas, Holy Attack Resistance and (at your choice) Knight's Harmony, Warrior's Harmony or Wizard's Harmony|| Mother Tree Guardians Medal — 140 pcs. +
|Caster Lvl 2||For 100,000 adena offers 6 Poems, 3 Sonatas, Holy Attack Resistance and (at your choice) Knight's Harmony, Warrior's Harmony or Wizard's Harmony|| Mother Tree Guardians Medal — 280 pcs. +
|Trader Lvl 1
|Scrolls of Escape|| Mother Tree Guardians Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Trader Lvl 2
| Water Stone ( 60) ,
Fire Stone ( 60)
| Mother Tree Guardians Medal — 280 pcs. + |
|Guardian Sculpture Lvl 1||For 200,000 adena for 60 minutes: P. Def. +3%, M. Def. +3%, Water Resistance +30.|| Mother Tree Guardians Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Guardian Sculpture Lvl 2||For 200,000 adena for 60 minutes: P. Def. +5%, M. Def. +5%, Water Resistance +50.|| Mother Tree Guardians Medal — 280 pcs. + |
|Giant Trackers||Giant Trackers Envoy Lamunes||Giant Trackers Envoy - quests:
Request from the Giant Trackers
|Caster Lvl 1||For 100,000 adena offers 6 Poems, 3 Sonatas, Holy Attack Resistance and (at your choice) Knight's Harmony, Warrior's Harmony or Wizard's Harmony|| Giant Trackers Medal — 140 pcs. +
|Caster Lvl 2|| Giant Trackers Medal — 280 pcs. +
|Berserker Sculpture Lvl 1||For 200,000 adena for 60 minutes: P. Atk +2%, M. Atk +3%, Earth Resistance +30.|| Giant Trackers Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Berserker Sculpture Lvl 2||For 200,000 adena for 60 minutes: P. Atk +3%, M. Atk +5%, Earth Resistance +50.|| Giant Trackers Medal — 280 pcs. + |
|Trader Lvl 1
|Giant's Energy|| Giant Trackers Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Trader Lvl 2
| Giant's Energy ,
Earth Stone ( 60) ,
Wind Stone ( 60)
| Giant Trackers Medal — 280 pcs. + |
|Unworldly Visitors||Unworldly Visitors Envoy Qyuris||Unworldly Visitors - quests:
Request from the Unworldly Visitors
|Caster Lvl 1|| Unworldly Visitors Medal — 140 pcs. +
|Caster Lvl 2|| Unworldly Visitors Medal — 280 pcs. +
|Berserker Sculpture Lvl 1||For 200,000 adena for 60 minutes: P. Atk +2%, M. Atk +3%, Wind Resistance +30.|| Unworldly Visitors Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Berserker Sculpture Lvl 2||For 200,000 adena for 60 minutes: P. Atk +3%, M. Atk +5%, Wind Resistance +50.|| Unworldly Visitors Medal — 280 pcs. + |
|Chef Lvl 1
|Sells Universal Seasoning — 5 pcs.,
Rotten Royal Fish Soup
| Unworldly Visitors Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Chef Lvl 2
|Sells Universal Seasoning — 10 pcs.,
Rotten Royal Fish Soup
| Unworldly Visitors Medal — 280 pcs. + |
|Kingdom's Royal Guard||Kingdom's Royal Guard Envoy - James||Kingdom's Royal Guard - quests:
Request from the Kingdom’s Royal Guard
|Caster Lvl 1|| Kingdom's Royal Guard Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Caster Lvl 2|| Kingdom's Royal Guard Medal — 280 pcs. + |
|Guardian Sculpture Lvl 1||For 200,000 adena for 60 minutes: P. Def. +3%, M. Def. +3%, Holy Resistance +30.|| Kingdom's Royal Guard Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Guardian Sculpture Lvl 2||For 200,000 adena for 60 minutes: P. Def. +5%, M. Def. +5%, Holy Resistance +50.|| Kingdom's Royal Guard Medal — 280 pcs. + |
|Chef Lvl 1
|Sells Universal Seasoning — 5 pcs.,
Rotten Royal Fish Soup
| Kingdom's Royal Guard Medal — 140 pcs. + |
|Chef Lvl 2
|Sells Universal Seasoning — 10 pcs.,
Rotten Royal Fish Soup
| Kingdom's Royal Guard Medal — 280 pcs. + |
When a clan captures a fortress, its members get a passive skill depending on the fortress type:
|Fortress buff||Fortress list|
White Sands Fortress,
Additional reinforcement is only available to castle-cntracted fortresses.
In a fortress in a contracted state the Logistics Officer will help you activate increased defense from the castle and to get supplies from the castle.
- The supply level is increased every 26 hours ( 250,000 adena is deducted from the clan treasury), the higher the level, the better the supplies.
- Max supply level is 6. If you get the supplies, the level is reset to 0.
- Besides the supplies from Logistics Officer you can get items of Valor: Defender's Valor Chest . The amount of chests in increased by 1 every 26 hours.
Defence level increase:
|Giving high-grade weapon and armor to the guards||200,000 adena|
|Giving top-grade weapon and armor to the guards||400,000 adena|
Supplies from the castle:
|Lv. 1||40-80 Knight's Epaulette|
|Lv. 2||88-176 Knight's Epaulette ; 1-3 Gemstone (R-grade)|
|Lv. 3||134-268 Knight's Epaulette ; 1-3 Gemstone (R-grade)|
|Lv. 4||180-361 Knight's Epaulette ; 1-3 Gemstone (R-grade)|
|Lv. 5||228-456 Knight's Epaulette ; 1-3 Gemstone (R-grade)|
|Lv. 6||288-576 Knight's Epaulette|
Guard Captain activates defence mechanisms of a fortress and checks the condition of the garrison.
|Empowered guards||Lv. 1
| 150,000 adena |
|Placing Dwarf Gunnery||-||150,000 adena|
|Placing Scouts||-||250,000 adena|
|Fortress gates reinforcement||-||800,000 adena|
Quests and Dungeon
Instanced zones are available to castle-independent fortresses only.
- It's impossible to get into the dungeon before the clan declares its independence from the castle.
- If a fortress is castle-contracted, it's impossible to get into the dungeon.
- The Fortress Dungeon can be entered by a party consisting of more than two members. The entrance request must be made by the party leader. The party leader must belong to the fortress controlling clan.
- Entrance is available once in 24 hours for all clan members (wen all monsters in the dungeon are defeated), and it doesn't matter if some of the clan members haven't been to Monster Dungeon.
- Only one party can get into a fortress dungeon.
- If a party has entered a wrong dungeon by mistake, they can re-enter after 20 minutes.
- If a player logs out or loses connection to the game server, they will find themselves outside, near the Detention Camp Warden NPC, when they log on. To get back to the dungeon, the player should be invited in the same group. The the players should choose the top line in the dialogue with the Detention Camp Warden.
- The Raid Bosses inside of the Fortress Dungeon will disappear if they are not attacked by the players within 10 minutes of entering the instanced dungeon.
If the Fortress Dungeon Raid Boss is successfully defeated, the party will receive the Dungeon Leader Mark item which then can be traded for a Knight’s Epaulettes.
|Awl Under Foot||85||-||See Description||No requirements|
|Light within the Darkness||85||-||See Description||No requirements|
A clan leader can ride a Wyvern. Talk to Wyvern Manager (you need to have a Strider level 55 or above and Crystal (B-grade) — 25 pcs.).
|Fortresses - Related Pages
|Fortresses – Related Pages